Eucalyptus Silk Duvet
Sustainable Eucalyptus Silk Duvet Done Differently
Our original eucalyptus silk duvet is covered in super-soft 100% eucalyptus fabric and filled with layers of recycled fibre blended with bamboo for that snuggled up feeling. We make our fibre filling using locally-sourced plastic bottles which are recycled and blended with sustainably grown bamboo.
Our fabric is made from eucalyptus that’s grown using 95% less water than cotton. Unlike traditional feather or down bedding, our unique filling saves 50 plastic bottles from landfills and around 12 geese from live plucking.
Our unique combination of super-soft eucalyptus with an extra-fluffy blend of bamboo and recycled bottle filling makes falling asleep so much easier. It does however make it much harder to get out of bed.
- Recommended for all-season use (it’s 7.5 tog but designed to be breathable for perfect sleeping conditions – but if you want something even warmer, we recommend adding another layer to your bedding with a Flat Sheet!)
- Shell is woven from Oeko-Tex certified, earth-friendly eucalyptus fibre
- Each duvet recycles approximately 50 plastic bottles
- Ultra-smooth fibre is naturally resistant to dust, mites, and moull
- Quilted stitching pattern keeps fill in place
- 100% eucalyptus fibre shell
- 50% recycled PET, BPA-free / 50% Oeko-Tex certified bamboo fill
- Super-soft, 300 single-ply thread count
- Eucalyptus fibre contains no essential oils and is safe for pets and kids
- Single: 140 x 200cm
- Double: 200 x 200cm
- King: 225 x 220cm
- Super King: 260 x 220cm
- Emperor: 290 x 235cm
- Getting cold outside? Our breathable sheets will keep you snug and warm without making you overheat.
- Baking hot summer nights? These sheets are cool-to-the-touch and moisture wicking, so you won’t feel like you’ve sweat the bed.
- 100% Eucalyptus Lyocell – made from trees grown on sustainably managed, biodiverse farms.
- Absurdly soft – and they get even softer with every wash.
- Sleep better in any weather – our Eucalyptus keeps you in the ideal temperature zone all night.
- Hypoallergenic – Eucalyptus is skin-credible, and also dermatologist recommended.
- Zero static – Eucalyptus lyocell doesn’t attract dust, dirt, or hair (pet, human or otherwise).
- Zero pesticides – Eucalyptus trees naturally repel insects; whereas, cotton uses an estimated 20% of the world’s insecticides.
- Designed in London – thoughtfully designed to instantly lift any bedroom. Timeless, best-in-class, quality pieces that are built to last.
Eucalyptus vs Cotton?
- Less Water Usage: 95% less water used than traditional cotton production – 150 litres vs. 3,000 litres.
- No Farmable Land: Grown on non-farmable land in biodiverse forests – cotton uses 2.5% of the world’s arable land.
- No Toxic Chemicals: No pesticides, herbicides or toxic chemicals are used in our process – cotton uses ~2,000.
- 30% Less Energy: It takes about 19 kWh to make our sheets, compared with 27 kWh for cotton sheets
- Closed Loop: 99% of the chemicals, water and waste is then reused in the unique closed loop system.
- Carbon Negative: Simple and transparent supply chain, so we can easily offset every atom of carbon produced.
- Machine wash cold with your favourite environmentally friendly detergent and hang to dry. Use of a duvet cover recommended, but not necessary.
Some products vary slightly, so always read the care label carefully.
Ethical Bedding‘s goal is to help make our customers more comfortable, whilst also making the planet more comfortable. That’s why all products are earth-friendly, skin-friendly and cruelty-free. Your bedding will arrive in recyclable, minimalistic packaging, which was also made using recycled materials. Clever hey.
More duvets can be found in Home & Kitchen / Home Accessories / Textiles / Duvets & Blankets.
Item compositionEucalyptus TENCEL™ is a premium lyocell fibre made from sustainably-sourced Eucalyptus
Double, Emperor, King, Single, Super King