Cat Eye Vs. Wayfarer – Which Sustainable Sunglasses Suits Your Face Shape?
Sunglasses are not just a summer staple. You’ll need them to protect your eyes from harmful sun rays during the cold season too. But what’s the point of getting a pair that further contributes to UV rays reaching our planet?
Ordinary sunglasses use several plastics in their lens and frame. The material emits greenhouse gases upon combustion, destroying the ozone layer. Thus, Earth is more exposed to the sun’s hazardous UV rays, which cause several health issues among humans.
That is why the Swiss Impact Store believes that sustainable sunglasses are the only sensible choice. They keep you safe, look stylish, and don’t pose any health threats to your fellow humans.
But what are sustainable sunglasses? And how do you choose the perfect one for your face type? We are revealing all secrets below.
What Are Sustainable Sunglasses?
The primary difference between sustainable sunglasses and ordinary ones is the choice of materials.
The most common materials used in eco-friendly eyewear are:
- Upcycled wood
- Reclaimed ocean waste
- Recycled landfill waste
The above materials are biodegradable and self-disintegrating or lower our annual garbage production by repurposing some. Either way, they do not use or produce toxic gases and chemicals during their production or degradation.
Eco-friendly manufacturers also keep an eye on water and energy consumption, ensure fair wages, and fulfill the labour rights of their workers.
Which Sustainable Sunglasses Style Suits Your Face Shape?
Not everyone looks their best in an oversized pair of wayfarers. The same goes for a cat eye. Here is a comparison of both to help you choose:
Cat Eye Sunglasses
Cat eye frames are one of the most versatile frames out there. And incredibly chic! The shape has a retro feel but with loads of glamour added. Think of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn’s kind of vibes.
The distinct feature of this style is its bold and upswept upper rim. The top portion of the frame is usually wider than the lower.
But those are just the general characteristics. When you sit down to choose a style of cat eye shape sustainable sunglasses, you will be flooded with choices.
- Bold and angular: The unmistakable shape and striking lines suit people with round faces. The prominent details of a bold cat eye shape are excellent at sharpening the overall facial features and curvatures. The Hampton Wooden Cat Eye Sunglasses by 1People are our favourites.
- Soft and rounded: If you have a square jawline or high cheekbones, a round cat eye style should suit you better. A pair like the Zanzibar Wooden Sunglasses for Women by 1 People helps balance the face shape and striking angles.
You may call wayfarers the most original or classic sunglasses shape. They are the worldwide best-sellers and one of the most hit shapes among leading brands. They have been featured in some of Hollywood’s superhits, including James Bond.
As opposed to the cat eye, wayfarer has a more squared-off shape with an equilibrium between the upper and lower third of the lens. The frame sits straight across the face instead of following the natural facial contour.
- Even though the shape is pretty versatile, it suits round, oval, and oblong faces best.
- Darker colors like black, brown, and gray preserve its vintage vibe, while lighter tones give it a flashy look.
- Textured frames like the Torquay Wooden Wayfarer Sunglasses serve as an extra accessory for your outfit.
Ready to make a statement with the most stunning pair of sustainable sunglasses? Swiss Impact Store has got you covered. Head over to the website before the stock ends!